How can I make a gift that helps WonderLab now?
A gift of cash is the most common way our friends support WonderLab. To make your unrestricted, tax-deductible gift to the Annual Fund, just click “Give Now” above!
A gift of stock may qualify for a tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock at the time of the gift, and you may avoid paying capital gains. When transferring stock please let us know where you want the proceeds to go (e.g., the Annual Fund, to satisfy a pledge, etc.) and notify your broker of your intentions. Ask them to call (812) 337-1337 x14 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know they will be transferring stock, the kind of stock, number of shares.
Wiring instructions: When transferring stock please call WonderLab Donor Relations at (812) 337-1337 x 14 or email email@example.com to let them know your broker will be transferring stock, the kind of stock and how much, and where you want the proceeds to go (e.g., the Annual Fund, to satisfy a pledge, etc.). Then, give your broker these wiring instructions:
202 South College Avenue
P.O. Box 1849
Bloomington, IN 47402-1849
Official Name: WonderLab, The Museum of Science, Health and Technology, Inc.
Account Number: 6742-2416
Baird representatives are available to assist with any questions you might have about your transfer.
Did you know that you can set up a recurring gift to sustain WonderLab throughout the year? Whether it’s a $10, $20 or even $50 or $100 a month donation, you can show your love for science and empower local children to use the sciences for the greater good! Simply indicate on your online donation the frequency with which you’d like to give.
Gifts in honor or memory of a loved one, friend, or colleague are a special way of showing your support to the WonderLab Museum and recognizing an important figure in your life. Individuals honored through a tribute gift are recognized in our Annual Report each year and we send special notification of your gift to the individual being honored or the family of those who are being remembered.
- You can directly transfer up to $100,000 per year to one or more charities.
- This transfer counts toward the minimum required distribution rule for IRA accounts
- A gift from your Traditional or Roth IRA will never count as income!
If you would like to make such a gift to WonderLab for this tax year, contact your Financial Adviser for more details.
How can I plan for the future?
You can help WonderLab prepare for the future by making a planned gift or bequest to the Museum. We will work with you to establish a legacy gift that meets your charitable and tax needs, such as a charitable bequest, a charitable lead trust, or a charitable remainder trust.
By making a planned gift or bequest you can:
- Reduce taxes on your estate
- Avoid capital gains tax with an Outright Gift of Appreciated Stock
- Receive income for life through a Charitable Remainder Trust
- Pass assets to your children and grandchildren and cut transfer taxes through a Charitable Lead Trust
A donor-advised fund is an investment account you create solely for supporting charitable causes – and because the fund is self-directed, you dictate where, when and how much to give.
- You open the fund by making an initial donation of cash, stocks, bonds or other select assets.
- A nonprofit sponsoring organization invests the assets and manages the fund.
- You instruct the sponsoring organization to disperse funds to the charities of your choosing, at your discretion.
Your initial and any future contributions to the fund are deducted from that year’s taxes, which can be useful if you plan on bundling your deductions as part of your tax strategy.
- Donations made to this endowment support accessibility efforts for families with low income, including the Access Pass Program.
- Named in memory of Executive Director Catherine Olmer’s late mother, this endowment supports ongoing educational initiatives at the Museum.
- The Tichenor Endowment provides sustainable support for exhibit maintenance and development.
- Donations to this endowment fund support live animal programming at WonderLab
- Named in memory of John and Lilyan Carlson, this endowment supports full and partial scholarships at WonderCamp, WonderLab’s growing summer science enrichment camp. Your contribution ensures that children of all socioeconomic backgrounds will have the opportunity to learn during the summer months in perpetuity. This fund is currently a high-priority area for WonderLab’s fundraising efforts.
When planning a specific charitable gift, a legal or financial adviser should be consulted.
WonderLab Museum Tax ID #: 35-1956521