The City of Bloomington will close 4th St. between College Avenue and the B-Line Trail on Wednesday and Thursday (May 8-9) due to construction of the Hyatt Place Hotel east of WonderLab. There will be a "road closed" barricade at 4th St. and Madison St. as well.
WonderLab is a convenient day trip away for visitors from central and south-central Indiana, as well as from metro areas in adjoining states. The museum is approximately one hour from Indianapolis and French Lick/West Baden, and slightly more than two hours from Cincinnati, Evansville, and Louisville.
Directions from Indianapolis and points north
• Take Exit 4 (IN-37 S. Harding St.) from I-465
• Continue south on IN-37 to College Ave./N. Walnut St. exit
• At the IN-45/46 Bypass, Walnut St. becomes College Ave.
• Continue south on College Ave.
• Turn right on Fourth Street and go two blocks
Directions from Columbus and points east
• Take IN-46 west through Nashville to Bloomington
• Continue on IN-46W as it becomes Third St. in Bloomington
• In downtown Bloomington, turn right on Walnut St.
• Go one block and turn left on Fourth St.
• Continue on Fourth St. for two blocks
Directions from Bedford and points south and southwest
• Go north on IN-37 to the Whitehall Pike/Third St. exit
• Bear right onto Third St. and continue to downtown Bloomington
• Turn right on Madison St. and go one block
• Turn left on Fourth St. and you are on the museum block
Directions from Terre Haute and points west
• Take IN-46 west to Bloomington
• Turn right on College Ave.
• Turn right on Fourth St. and go two blocks
There are many ways to arrive. If you are driving, look for this wayfinder sign to take you to downtown Bloomington. There is a Bloomington Transit bus stop right in front of WonderLab, and the main bus transit station is just three blocks east. Some visitors may be able to walk or bike to the museum on the B-Line Trail. WonderLab has a bike rack outside.